Passwords and security
Your ongoing obligations
Compliance with Additional Terms and Conditions and Disclaimers
Third party content and services
Intellectual property rights
Liability and indemnities
Variation of these terms
Suspension of access or services
Delegation and assignment
Unless otherwise required by the context or subject matter:
“ASIC” means the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
“Materials” has the meaning given to that term in paragraph 23.
In these terms and conditions, unless the contrary intention appears:
1.1 In this Information Handling Policy, references to ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘LaVista’ are to LaVista Licensee Solutions Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries.
2.1 This Policy sets out how we manage your Personal Information. We respect the privacy of any Personal Information we collect about you and are committed to ensuring that this is handled in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Privacy Principles, the FSC Life Insurance Code of Practice and any other applicable privacy related laws. This Policy may be updated from time-to-time.
3.1 In this Policy:
Eligible data breach means unauthorised access to or unauthorised disclosure of personal information and a reasonable person would conclude that the access or disclosure would be likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates.
4.1 When you apply for, register your interest in, or enquire about a product or service, we collect information that is reasonably necessary to be able to provide you with those products or services. For instance, we may ask for identification information such as your name, address and date of birth.
• name, address, gender, contact details and date of birth;
• payment details;
• records of service contacts such as voice recordings of telephone conversations;
• records of service contracts.
• checking your eligibility for Licensee Services;
• assisting you where online applications are not completed;
• providing you with Licensee Services;
• helping you manage the Licensee Services;
• helping us develop insights and conduct data analysis to improve the delivery of Licensee Services, enhance our customer relationships and effectively manage risks; and
• understanding your interests and preferences so we can tailor digital content and Licensee Services.
5. Collection of Personal Information
How does LaVista collect Personal Information?
• contact us in person, by phone or online;
• decide to seek Licensee Services from LaVista; and
• make a request for one of our products.
Collection of Personal Information from other people
• from our referral and commercial strategic partners; and
• from publically available records.
6. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
How does LaVista use my Personal Information?
• contacting you about matters relating to you, Licensee Services provided to you or other services that we provide;
• answering your enquiries;
• practicing effective risk management and preventing fraud;
• monitoring price and evaluating products and services;
• conducting marketing, research and statistical analysis;
• resolving complaints, breaches, incidents or litigant matters; and
• conducting customer surveys.
We do not exchange credit reporting information with any credit reporting bodies.
6.3 We may disclose your Personal Information to other companies or individuals who assist us in supplying our Licensee Services or running our business, perform services on our behalf or oversee or regulate the Licensee Services that we provide, such as:
• any person acting on your behalf;
• legal, other professionals who assist with providing Licensee Services;
• IT development and maintenance providers;
• accountants, auditors and other service providers we may appoint to ensure the integrity of our operations;
• any organisations involved in providing, managing or administering our products or services such as external dispute resolution services or mail houses;
• regulatory or Government authorities; and
• providers of marketing, research and statistical analysis services.
When will LaVista use my Personal Information to contact me?
6.10 From time to time, we will provide you with information about products and services offered by companies within the LaVista Group and other affiliate organisations that we consider of potential benefit to you and your family. We may share your Personal Information on a confidential basis with companies within the LaVista Group and other affiliate organisations so that they can offer you products and services.
6.12 In some circumstances, the collection, use, disclosure and access of Personal Information is governed by specific legislation. Where there is specific legislation, this will generally govern how we use Personal Information despite the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988.
How does LaVista keep my Personal Information secure and for how long is it kept?
All data breaches will be assessed in accordance with LaVista’s Data Breach Response Plan.
7.3 You should be aware that there are inherent security risks in transmitting information through the internet. You should assess these potential risks when deciding whether to use our online services.
8. Access and Correction
Can I access my Personal Information?
(a) where information is protected from disclosure by law, including the Privacy Act 1988;
(b) where we reasonably determine that the information should be provided directly by us to your doctor;
(c) where the release of the information may be prejudicial to us in relation to a dispute about your insurance cover or your claim, or in relation to your complaint; or
(d) where we reasonably believe that the information is commercial-in-confidence.
(a) we will not do so unreasonably;
(b) we will give you a schedule of the documents we have declined to provide and give you reasons for doing so; and
(c) we will provide details of our Complaints process.
• name, address;
• contact details;
• bank account details.
8.11 We will correct any Personal Information that we hold about you if we become aware that it is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading.
9. Enquiries and Complaints
How do I make an enquiry or complaint about privacy?
LaVista Privacy Officer:
The Privacy Officer
LaVista Licensee Solutions Pty Ltd
20 Bond Street
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone 1800 945 160
Phone: 1300 363 992
10. Updates to the Policy